How Ianum Works
As a Business, with Ianum you can do a series of tasks, such as safely authenticate your users, in a cool passwordless way, ask them for personal data and let them choose which consensus to give.
With GDPR, CCPA and other laws all over the word, having a tool as Ianum it's vital for any company. Ianum has been designed to protect users privacy, while allowing Company access to data authorized by them. All leveraging the big tasks of encryption and data protection.
By implementing a high level of encryption, with best technologies, we were able to deliver a tool where we have no access to users' or companies' data, while making sure privacy is respected for all the players.
To have Ianum working on your IT system, you need to create and connect a Ianum Gate. With just a few lines of code you will be able to integrate Ianum in your IT systems, enjoying the power of this tool without spending weeks in creating what we have done for you.
The following image shows how Ianum works, from a high point of view
From an IT point of view, this is the basic workflow to authenticate a user with Ianum:
- 1.a user clicks on "Login with Ianum" button on your website
- 2.User is redirect to a URL in the form of id.ianum.com/gateAlias , where
gateAliasis picked up by you during Gate creation
- 3.user opens Ianum App (or installs it) and reads the QR Code that sees
- 1.user might do other steps, like sharing personal data or accept/decline consensus, if configured
- 4.user is redirect back to your server (to an URL you have configured)
- 5.the URL where user is sent to contains a one time secret token, that your backend needs to intercept
- 6.your backend with one API calls burns that token with our Ianum REST API backend, receiving in reply the identity of the user (in the form of an ID, called subscription ID)
- 1.if you have configured personal data share, you can retrieve them with a dedicate API call using the before obtained subscription ID. Data will be return encrypted and you will need to decrypt with your private key
- 2.if you have configured consensus management, you can retrieve which consensus has the user accepted or declined with a dedicate API call, using the before obtained subscription ID
On top of this basic workflow, there are other ways you can integrate Ianum. For example, if you are looking to use Ianum as internal Identity Provider for your back-office applications, you can enjoy our SAML 2.0 integration. More information can be retrieved in the next pages.